A bunch of questions i have about nesm

WillElm

rimoJO said:
Thank you!
The projectile still passes through everything: literally every single solid object, monsters, the side of the screen, everything. Any fixes for that?
EDIT: And also, the Melee input spawns the projectile at a specific location. The constant OBJ...MELEE is set to "2".

Did you flag it as a player weapon in Object Details->Details? Also, look at solid object reactions on the same screen. Set it to DestroyMe.

rimoJO

hitboxes are both accurate
The Moki Beam (Projectile attack) has always worked up until when it didn't so no need to change Moki Beam hitbox

Attachments

• Melee.PNG
    Melee.PNG
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,449
  • Moki Beam.PNG
    Moki Beam.PNG
    4 KB · Views: 1,449

dale_coop

Staff member
Maybe related to your projectile reaction problem. As I told you via PM, your project seems to have issues with collision detection. Don't know why or where.. looks like something is broken in your project / code ?
If I find time, I would try to fix it... but currenlty, don't have any free time.

rimoJO

Well, I guess I'll just have to get the game playtested...
...with a broken projectile...
Oh well, I'll just use an invisible melee attack, I guess.

WillElm

rimoJO said:
Is there any way to have a warp to screen text box end of action?

You can probably do that. I don't know where that code is located but i bet you just paste the warp script into into one of the end of texts.

rimoJO

How do you change an end of text action?
Also, warping doesn't work for me, I enter (out) as (screen B's map coordinate) on screen A, and (in) as the screen coordinate on screen B. Doesn't work, though. (4.1 platform module) am i doing this correctly?

rimoJO

Just a new question, please don't ignore the one above, even though there's a new comment, please!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there any way to make a top down overworld map on a platformer? I tried using normal UD walk scripts and unchecking ignore gravity, but it doesn't seem to work.

WillElm

This thread and the threads that Dale links in his replies could get you started on that. My game is a scrolling platformer that has "flying shoot em up levels" in between each level as a sort of bonus. I did it by setting a variable (after fixing the ignore gravity problem, of course), and using that variable to "flip" between 2 different control modes. I'm also using Dale's "switch player object" code for a variety of reasons, but I think you could also do it with action states. "If ctrlMode=01 then change action state to 7", which has ignore gravity flagged.

Have you fixed your other problems?

http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2662&p=16713#p16713

WillElm

And I guess if you wanted to have the kind of thing where you walk around on a top down world map and go down into "dungeons", you'd only be able to have one "entrance" per screen, unless you set up some kind of multi-warp system, which is more involved.

rimoJO

I'm talking about just a top down overworld map, and when you enter a level, it's just platforming. A good example of this concept is Cuphead by Studio MDHR.

WillElm

Well, that's basically the same thing when you think about it. Your variable would put you in 4 way control mode on the world map, then when you enter a level by warping, the variable would set you into platforming control mode. Again, the major hurdle would be the fact that if you wanted to have multiple level entrances on one screen, you would have to set up some kind of multi warp system. There are threads about that here. I think it's Mugi's game that has a level select screen. Well, a world map like in Cuphead is just a glorified level select screen.

rimoJO

Having the simple platformer lr lr scripts and the adventure udlr udlr scripts didn't work, so i honestly don't really know.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
another question, i think i got the last one answered maybe maybe not
in my game, the death doesn't work, game object is same as packaged monster file.

rimoJO

oh, & speaking of death, whenever you spawn/respawn in the game, the character jumps. this also happens when you take damage. this happens in the platformer module and the adventure module.

Top Bottom