Noob question - Tile Assets and Palettes

wiggy

Having a simple issue...

I've created 3 Assets under Graphics Bank 1. I then built a screen adding the tiles in the Overworld.
After placing the tiles, I can't seem to get the palettes I want for the assets.

So I have a "bgtiles" palette, and I wanted to use sub 1 for asset 1, sub 2 for asset 2, and sub 3 palettes for asset 3.
But I can't seem to get the palettes to change, all the assets come out with sub 1 palettes.

Can someone explain what I'm missing here.... :?

dale_coop

Staff member
If you assigned the sub palettes to your screen (on the left part of the screen editor)...and placed your assets on the screen... you can use shortcuts “Q”, “W”, “R” and “T” to change the sub palette of any asset under your mouse on the screen, for respectively subPal 1, subPal 2, subPal 3 ad subPal 4.

wiggy

@dale_coop

Thanks again!

I've watched the tutorial videos so many times and didn't see that, did I miss it?

Also, suggestion to Joe and the creators. The sub palettes won't apply to the asset tiles even when highlighted on the left, it seems only your method of using the keyboard key works. It would be easier (or at least more intuitive) if it worked by highlighting the sub palette. Thoughts?

Top Bottom