Move objects from 4.06 to 4.10

zeos101

What is the best way to move tiles and sprites with the color palette intact?

I have lots of completed tiles as well as finished animated sprites, The sprites were exported and do live in a ( Folder of its own )

Thank you

TurtleRescueNES

It will be a lot of transplanting. The bitmap files will be easy. Just overwrite any blank BMPs in your new projects. Monsters can be exported and imported through the menus. Palettes too. Though palettes are done one at a time, and try to import them in the same order. I do not think you can import tile assets.

Mugi

you can export tile assets that you've created, but keep in mind that for them to work once imported, you will have to have the same graphics tileset files in the same places they were when the assets were exported.
othervise they will not work correctly.

as far as i know, the entire set of palettes can also be exported instead of having to do it one by one.

it's a good practice to go though your monster and object settingns once you have imported them to the new version, there are some things that changed between the versions so your objects might be using frags that should not be there.

dale_coop

Staff member
Mugi said:
as far as i know, the entire set of palettes can also be exported instead of having to do it one by one.

I think in 4.0.x, the palettes could not be exported (I never found how to... the export/import was not working as in 4.1. It was more a copy/paste than a real export, if I remember well)

Top Bottom