Warping Problem "SOLVED"

onimike

Hello all new here and enjoying the software but am having a problem. So I followed the Make a Scrolling Platformer tutorial and everything is fine. When I put a warp simulating a tunnel like classic mario to go underworld my player does not spawn in correct places going to and back. I have everything set up right from what tile to warp to and where to spawn in at but its not working, also when I leave to go back to last tile it basically resets entire game.

Any help is appreciated

Mike

Heres a video showcasing the problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGuz27GFpUw

dale_coop

Staff member
Which version of NESMaker are you using (4.1.5)? Which core and which module? Basic Adventure?

If you re using the 4.1.X, you could try replacing your WarpToScreen.asm script with this one, to check if it works better (as usual, make a copy of the original script before):

Code:
; cpx player1_object
; BNE dontDoWarp_tile
; LDA warpMap
; sta currentMap
; clc
; ADC #$01
; STA temp
; GoToScreen warpToScreen, temp

; dontDoWarp_tile

LDA #$00
STA newGameState

LDA warpMap
 sta currentMap
 clc
 ADC #$01
 STA temp
 GoToScreen warpToScreen, temp, #$02
 LDA #$00
 STA playerToSpawn
 LDX player1_object
 DeactivateCurrentObject
 LDA #$01
 STA loadObjectFlag

LDA mapPosX
STA newX
LDA mapPosY
STA newY

onimike

MistSonata said:
Could you show exactly what's happening? Maybe record the screen, or take some screenshots?
Version used 4.1.5
Added video to op and Dale im not sure if im ready to start messing with scripts atm but i will look into it thank you

dale_coop

Staff member
Give it a try... really. Because some of scripts that come with NESMaker have issues.
I think the warp script is one of them. (just make a copy of the original script before modify it) ;)

onimike

dale_coop said:
Give it a try... really. Because some of scripts that come with NESMaker have issues.
I think the warp script is one of them. (just make a copy of the original script before modify it) ;)

Awesome modified it and worked perfect thank you so much.

Mike

dale_coop

Staff member
Glad to have helped you ;)
Don’t hesitate to share, ask... experiment.
(Always do backups before).

Top Bottom