The Tower of Turmoil Sprite - CutterCross

The Lenny

CutterCross,
I have begun working on my main character sprite. How many 16x16 squares were used in when the main character was merely standing there? What about when he was running? Jumping?

By the way, I watched your YouTube channel you recently created (and subscribed). Thank you so much for that. I am excited to see what else you might add.

Mugi

nes runs at 256x240 resolution, that's 30(rows) x 32(columns) of tiles unless my mathematics failed me again :p

dale_coop

Staff member
The Tower of Turmoil will always be inspiring us (yesterday I was watching the video again to start some cutscene for my « game » (sic) too)

CutterCross

The Lenny said:
CutterCross,
I have begun working on my main character sprite. How many 16x16 squares were used in when the main character was merely standing there? What about when he was running? Jumping?

By the way, I watched your YouTube channel you recently created (and subscribed). Thank you so much for that. I am excited to see what else you might add.

Hey man, you know you can always PM me directly if you want to ask me something, right? Don't have to make a whole forum topic about it.

Now to answer your question, my character is 24x32 pixels (3x4 sprites), but the bottom row of sprites are kept blank in most of his animations. The bottom of his bounding box also ends near his feet.

kZOYc2T.png

I made him this way because his Down-Thust animation actually uses that last row of sprites for his sword.

XRwCAed.png

Also, since you can only have 3 colors per sprite (8x8 pixels), I used a system to layer an additional sprite for his face to give him more color in that region. (Ask jorotroid if you want to know how that works.)

h9l7uzp.png
RLNM9Ys.png

zEYiCDn.png
Sl7boFa.png

Top Bottom