Monster Projectile issues

Hello Folks!
im Currently using version 4.1.0 adventure module and when creating and testing my final boss object i noticed something peculiar. My Boss Monster Kept suffering damage and dying.
once his death animation subsided i noticed the "Player Melee" weapon in the top left corner.

I believe the " Monster shoot at player" script is creating a player one melee instead of a projectile causing the monster to die.

any help would be much appreciated guys!!!!

TurtleRescueNES

Open your AI "shoot at player" script and look at the create object code. It likely says CreateObject tempx, tempy, $#99, #$00
I typed 99, but in your code, it is likely 00 through 08, pointing to a game object. Since you think its creating your melee weapon, it is likely 01 you will see there. Change that to the correct game object number of your monster projectile.

Thanks for the speedy reply jsherman!
That method worked on my "shoot forward" script but unfortunately my melee is still spawning and killing my monster (in one hit instead of the 10 health its set to mind you...)
idk boss ill continue changing the numbers through trial and error. maybe my monster projectile object isnt set up correctly?

TurtleRescueNES

Verify the ID number and count the number of places down the object list (starting with zero).

And yes, that's a good idea to verify your monster projectile is flagged as a monster weapon.

dale_coop

Staff member
Also... Take a look at this topic 'enemy projectiles':
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?p=12242#p12242

Top Bottom