Cant get warp to screen to warp on the screen i want in coding

drexegar

The warp to screen works fine on the screen option, but if I try to use the code myself how do I pick my screen,

I know its 0 to 255 but its seems like if I replace warpToScreen with a number it will just only go to a room on the Y axis of the first row, 00, 16, 32 instead of 00, 01, 02.

CutterCross

The screen numbers are set up like this in hexadecimal.

#$yx

where y is the y-coordinate and x is the x-coordinate

drexegar

CutterCross said:

#$yx

I could not figure it out

GoToScreen warpToScreen, temp, #$02

Where do I put the coodinates? I tried replacing "WarpToScreen" and it still wont go to the right room and tried replacing temp.

drexegar

CutterCross said:

#$yx

Ok I got it now:

GoToScreen #$0E, #$01, #$02

Whats does the other 2 vaules mean? underworld overworld and screen transition type?

Mugi

overworld/underworld means which map set you are using.
in nesmaker, when you select a screen you have a set of screens (a map), and if you press the overworld/underworld button you have another set of screens (another map) to select from.
the bit defines if the screen you want to warp into is in overworld "map" or underworld "map".

the screen transition type im not exactly sure of t obe hoenst, i never looked into what it does. people just use #$02 :p

drexegar

Mugi said:
overworld/underworld means which map set you are using.
in nesmaker, when you select a screen you have a set of screens (a map), and if you press the overworld/underworld button you have another set of screens (another map) to select from.
the bit defines if the screen you want to warp into is in overworld "map" or underworld "map".

the screen transition type im not exactly sure of t obe hoenst, i never looked into what it does. people just use #$02 :p

Ok good, thank you very much!

Top Bottom