How do the one blocks works with size sprites?

drexegar

My character is 4 sprites high and just hits the one way block like a solid is there any work around for this, or if my character is too tell it just wont work?

dale_coop

Staff member
Yep, you need to modify your OneWayBlocl.asm file, here the fix:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?p=10141#p10141

drexegar

dale_coop said:
Yep, you need to modify your OneWayBlocl.asm file, here the fix:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?p=10141#p10141

The problem is the onewaytile.asm is the same as the solidBehavior.asm, trying to comment that line out just makes the tile NULL.

Here the onewaytile.asm:

;;; SOLID
;;;This is how to inform a solid collision.
;;; You can also add this to the end of
;;; any tile type if you want it to have an effect AND
;;; be treated like solid.
;;; You could also check to see if it is a non-player object,
;;; and only return solid if it's a not player. This would
;;; cause monsters to treat things like spikes or ladder or fire
;;; as solid while the player is able to interract with it.

LDA #%00000100
STA tile_solidity

;; if you want it solid, declare it at the end

drexegar

Does any body have a proper one way block script? The latest nesmaker just has a copy of the solid tile in its place. So using the technique in dale's link does not work.

dale_coop

Staff member
Are you sure you are modifying the right OneWayTile.asm script? if you are using the scrolling platformer module (for example), this script is in the TileScripts\ScrollingPlatformer folder.

drexegar

dale_coop said:
Are you sure you are modifying the right OneWayTile.asm script? if you are using the scrolling platformer module (for example), this script is in the TileScripts\ScrollingPlatformer folder.

its the same code as any solid script, is it suppose work like that? I comment out the first line and it act like a NULL tile. coming from the plat former folder. Unless my 4.1.5 update was not a smooth transition.

I would show a picture but im getting quota errors and its barely legible but the one block script in the scroll platform module is just a copy of a any other solid script.

Oh it doesnt have one way tile.asm its called one way block.asm is their a difference? Do I have the wrong files?

Mugi

one of the 2 existing oneway tile scripts (i dont remember if it's called onewaytile or onewayblock) has an incorrect code in it.

it simply has
LDA #TILE_SOLID
STA tile_solidity

which just makes it a solid tile.

the other one has
LDA #%00000100
STA tile_solidity

which makes it work with the existing jump script etc.

drexegar

Mugi said:
one of the 2 existing oneway tile scripts (i dont remember if it's called onewaytile or onewayblock) has an incorrect code in it.

it simply has
LDA #TILE_SOLID
STA tile_solidity

which just makes it a solid tile.

the other one has
LDA #%00000100
STA tile_solidity

which makes it work with the existing jump script etc.

Thanks Mugi! That Worked! I knew I was just looking at solid file

*In the platform folder the onewayblock.asm had the solid script in it.

Top Bottom