Warping problem in "Simple Platformer" module [NM 4.1.5]

Franco92

Hi! for some reason, when I try warping to a screen (whatever coordinates I chose) my player appear on top corner of the screen x0, y0.
Hope soemone can help me, thanks in advance!

dale_coop

Staff member
You could try comparing/replacing your Warp script with the one:
Code:
	LDA #$00
	STA newGameState

LDA warpMap
	STA currentMap
	CLC
	ADC #$01
	STA temp
	GoToScreen warpToScreen, temp, #$02
	;LDA #$00
	;STA playerToSpawn
	;LDX player1_object
	;DeactivateCurrentObject	
	;LDA #$01
	;STA loadObjectFlag

LDA mapPosX
	STA newX
	LDA mapPosY
	STA newY

dale_coop

Staff member
Is it a warp tile type?
In your "Project Settings > Script Settings", look at the "Tile Collision 0?" (one for each tile types)... there might be your tile type (maybe the "Tile Collision 05?) assign to the warp to screen script.
Select and click on "Edit".

This doesn't seem to yield the same results in the scrolling platformer with scrolling taken off. I used the same code set the warps and it shoots me to random screens
Any idea?

dale_coop

Staff member
I use this script (in my previous post) in my game (scrolling platformer module with scrolling off). It’s working fine...
Check the script you’re actually using is correct.
Is it a tile? An action? A reaction?

drexegar

Electric cat said:
This doesn't seem to yield the same results in the scrolling platformer with scrolling taken off. I used the same code set the warps and it shoots me to random screens
Any idea?

Swtich "GoToScreen warpToScreen, temp, #$02" with:

GoToScreen xx, xx, #$02

Where the first x is the Y coordinate and the second x is the X coordinate

This xx is for #$01 overworld or #$02 underworld

LEAVE #$02 ALONE (transition type, which is not finished)

dale_coop

Staff member
Your Warp Out X,Y are correct on your screen? Same question for Warp In X,Y on your destination screen?

drexegar

dale_coop said:
Your Warp Out X,Y are correct on your screen? Same question for Warp In X,Y on your destination screen?

Your are correct. When using Warp Out, it looks into the warp setting in the screen options of the screen for the coordinates and player placement.

So if your warp is 0,0 it will go there, and if 0,0 has a player placement of 0,0 (by default) it will go there too.

Top Bottom