sound "Label already defined" error

PewkoGames

53439498_2746294785411481_4521257573659181056_n.jpg

Okay,

So I just recived my soundtrack from the composer I'm working with but I'm getting this error.

Any idea how to fix it?

kainminter

Label already defined means the asm file may be defining a label that NES Maker is already using. For example, if you try to use Temp or myHealth as a new label in a script it would return this error. You can check lines 663, 672, and 680 in notepad++ to identify what labels are causing the errors.

The Illegal instruction errors probably means there is a syntax issue or an unused command in lines 77 and 95. If you are unfamiliar with asm you may want to share the code with someone here to have a look.

PewkoGames

Okay so now I'm not getting ANY errors, and the game starts up. The sfx work except the collect power up and power down. And the music is not playing

PewkoGames

Can someone help? I have 5 days to get the sound working before the contest ends. The music STILL will not budge. I tried shortening the tracks. I tried changing the names. I can DM the file to you if need be

dale_coop

Staff member
Sadly, I can't help you on that, PewkoGames. I suck with the music/sfx thing in NESMaker. You should try in the "Music" section of the forum.

Top Bottom