Win Screen issues

Hello everyone.

So, I have been attempting to go through the 20 minute tutorials and I've just about finished the Adventure Tutorial for version 4.1.0. The only problem I have left is the win screen. When my player collects the orb at the end of the dungeon, the player's win animation activates correctly and the win screen appears. However once it does, I cannot press any buttons when using the emulator (fceux) to restart the game. Basically, once the win screen appears, the game will freeze on that win screen until you exit the emulator and reload the rom. How do I set up the win screen to reset the game when pressing select?

Another issue I'm having is that the ghost I set up for a boss near the end of the demo will not appear. The same is true for a key that is supposed to lead to the room with the orb, and the player can just walk through the locked door as if it were ground. Attached are screenshots of the game inputs, the code for the win tile, and the room with the ghost that doesn't work.

Attachments

• ghostroom.png
    ghostroom.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 943
  • wintile.png
    wintile.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 943
  • ghostroomfceux.png
    ghostroomfceux.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 943
  • winscreen.png
    winscreen.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 943
  • winscreen1.png
    winscreen1.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 943

dale_coop

Staff member
Check the music set in your Special Screens > Win Screen. And make sure it's not set to "STOP MUSIC" or "NO CHANGE". There is a bug :p It freezes the screens...

Have you given your screens unique screen type numbers in the screen info menu?

That's usually the reason why monsters don't appear and doors are automatically unlocked. Once you get the sword it triggers all screens with the same screen type number.

Top Bottom