charavcter wont show up scrolling platformer

kalamer

hello, i watched this entire video and have been trying for hours but everytime i load my rom, the character doesnt show and the health is all the way down. can someone tell me whats wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3VRTLYRzjg&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• a.PNG
    a.PNG
    29.7 KB · Views: 955
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 955
  • new-berzerk-518x630.png
    new-berzerk-518x630.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 955

dale_coop

Staff member
Hey... it might be your sprite 0 tile. How is your GameObjectTiles.bmp? Is your last tile (bottom-right) colored to something different than #0 (black)?
Like this:

2019-01-05-13-58-57-NES-MAKER-4-1-0-Version-0x158-Mon-Jeu-Plateforme-MST.png

(cf the sprite zero tutorial video if you need explanation on why and how ;))

OR maybe it's your colors that are not indexed (RGB)? Could you share your GameObjectTiles.bmp?

fcgamer

I had this same problem awhile back, when I was first getting started with one of the tutorials. I cannot offer a technical eplanation, but in my case, I think I didn't properly set up one of the scripts or variables or something along that lines. I'd venture a guess that if you are following the tutorial, you deviated from what was shown in some miniscual manner, and that is what is causing the error.

kalamer

dale_coop said:
Hey... it might be your sprite 0 tile. How is your GameObjectTiles.bmp? Is your last tile (bottom-right) colored to something different than #0 (black)?
Like this:

OR maybe it's your colors that are not indexed (RGB)? Could you share your GameObjectTiles.bmp?

thanks for replying! i don’t think i have the last tile set to a different color. ill be sure to check that when i can get to my pc. if that doesn’t work, then i’ll share my GameObjectTiles.bmp. Thanks for the help!

kalamer

kalamer said:
dale_coop said:
Like this:

thanks for replying! i don’t think i have the last tile set to a different color. ill be sure to check that when i can get to my pc. if that doesn’t work, then i’ll share my GameObjectTiles.bmp. Thanks for the help!

and it worked! thanks alot for helping me man!

Top Bottom