Strange warp out issue after level clear

poltergasm

Heya guys,

I'm using the scrolling module with autoscroll to make a pretty basic runner style game, but ever since I added stage intro screens things have gone iffy to say the least. One of the biggest problems I'm having is, once you collect the level clear tile at the end of a level, the warp out isn't going to the desired screen. It's taking me to limbo (you know, the ones with the 1's and 0's).
If I place my player anywhere on the level but the stage intro screen, it warps as expected. But if you start at the intro screen, it fails to warp correctly. Imagine how much of a pain this is to test when your level is a minute long...

Here is a screenshot of the entire map
oSLdTyT.png

Here is the warp out settings on the last screen of the first level
UICHY1f.png

And where it should be going
0LctZZu.png

Any help with this one would be much appreciated, because I have no idea...

Many thanks!

dale_coop

Staff member
Try putting the warp out x, y coords... in your first scrolling screen (not your last one).
Usually in a scrolling sequence, all the main informations are loaded from the first screen (in some cases, the warp out x,y coord are too).
(another solution would be to set the warp out x, y coords on every screen of your scrolling sequence :p)

poltergasm

dale_coop said:
Try putting the warp out x, y coords... in your first scrolling screen (not your last one).
Usually in a scrolling sequence, all the main informations are loaded from the first screen (in some cases, the warp out x,y coord are too).
(another solution would be to set the warp out x, y coords on every screen of your scrolling sequence :p)

Aha, thank you! Unfortunately it didn't work with just the first autoscroll screen, but after setting them all it now warps to the correct location :D
Not a huge problem when creating new levels as I can just make sure to set them as I do each screen. Thanks again, you saved my butt.

dale_coop

Staff member
Yeah, no problem. I had the exact same kind of issues, last week, when I was helping PewkoGames on his game.

pit.baldriz

Hello guys,

Sorry to re-open this topic but I´m having the same issue in my game. I tried both solutions Dale mentions here but didn´t work. Any ideas?

If I use an item with "WarpToScreen", then the player goes to limbo:

View attachment 1

But if I just change it to "LevelClear" it works fine:

Attachments

• RamenAdvnture_NoWarp2.gif
    RamenAdvnture_NoWarp2.gif
    74.4 KB · Views: 2,194
  • RamenAdvnture_NoWarp.gif
    RamenAdvnture_NoWarp.gif
    86.7 KB · Views: 2,194

dale_coop

Staff member