i don't even know

rimoJO

could someone please explain? i'm trying to figure out why whatever it is is replacing half of the character.

Attachments

• confusion.PNG
    confusion.PNG
    7.9 KB · Views: 888

dale_coop

Staff member
Could you be a little more precise when asking?
What is your issue? What is your project? which version, which module... what are your settings?
Was it working as expected just before you break it...?
(need screenshots of your settings, please)

Maybe your sprite 0 settings? or your player object settings? too big? too many animation frames?

rimoJO

1- The issue is that the hud thing is showing up instead of the character.
2- The project is a game that i'm working on.
3- 4.1.5.
4- Scrolling Platformer.
5- The default settings.
6- This is on first export.
7- I haven't changed anything!
8- s0 index is 127, last tile of character's spritesheet is completely one not blank color. hblank wait time is 0, x is 248, and y is 28. i'm pretty sure this all has to do with sprite 0.
9:

Attachments

• details.PNG
    details.PNG
    17.3 KB · Views: 877
  • run.PNG
    run.PNG
    14.5 KB · Views: 876
  • stand.PNG
    stand.PNG
    14.5 KB · Views: 876
  • Jump.PNG
    Jump.PNG
    14.6 KB · Views: 876
  • Character.PNG
    Character.PNG
    8.4 KB · Views: 876

dale_coop

Staff member
Your sprite 0 might be the issue. I'd suggest to follow the tutorial about the "sprite zero".
(for better results, hBlank should be "1", x=246, y=30... And use a tile for your HUD right bottom corner... like in the tutorial)

2019-07-10-23-22-42.png

2019-07-10-23-22-23.png

dale_coop

Staff member
I think you need to set the sprite zero (cf the tutorial video to know why). Could you try again, and share screenshost of your sprite zero settings in (HUD), your GameObjectTiles.bmp tileset, your screen in NESmaker and the same screen in the emulator.

Make sure your tilesets have the correct dimensions (128x64px for GameObjectTiles.bmp, 128x48px for the BckCHR_xx.bmp, 128x64px for Monster_0_xx.bmp, 128x32px HudTiles.bmp, ...).

rimoJO

nvm i figured it out. i accidentally saved the GOT spritesheet right from the original 4-tile spritesheet that i made the sprites in. sprite zero is now working and kachapichi is back to normal. yay!
thank you for the help!

anyway, the moral of the story is: when making sprites in a separate program, always be sure to paste the sprites in to a new got spritesheet instead of using the original.

rimoJO

Another thing I don't understand is in every game i make, platformer or adventure, the character always jumps. this includes inputted jumping, taking damage, starting the game, attacking, you name it. i think this is pretty self explanatory. I just don't know how to fix it. has anyone else ever had this problem? I just don't want every game I make to have this weird jumping phenomenon.
EDIT: Also, the game is going well- here's what it looks like so far-

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.8 KB · Views: 828

dale_coop

Staff member
You might have an error in one of your input scripts.
Could you share a screenshot of your "Scripts > Input Scripts" list and of the "Input Editor"?

dale_coop

Staff member
This looks correct.

If you want, I could take a look at your project and tell you how to fix that issue? (I'd need the project .MST file and the "GraphicAssets" and "GameEngineData" folders)

dale_coop

Staff member
rimoJO said:

I checked your project... your issue of "jumping" is because you modified the "Null_NoAction.asm" script... and wrote a jump code inside it.
This script should remain empty, this script is used for all the object /Action / tiles that do nothing.

2019-07-11-20-36-37-Param-tres-du-projet.png

So EDIT that script and remove all the code inside. Now, your player should stop jumping for no reason ;)

Top Bottom