is there anything i can do ... ?

peteria

i keep getting this message when trying to export my game ...D:\Desktop\NESmaker_4_1_5\GameEngineData>asm6 MainASM.nes game.nes demo.txt
pass 1..
MainASM.asm(2): Can't open file.
demo.txt written.

D:\Desktop\NESmaker_4_1_5\GameEngineData>pause
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . . i'd be happy if anyone could help <3

dale_coop

Staff member
Did you chose a module when you created your Project?
2019-09-18-09-03-45-New-Project-Options.png

If you forgot, you can still, import the module in your project: via eht menu "Project > Import Project Module"... then, chose a module file (from the "Modules" folder).

peteria

dale_coop said:
Did you chose a module when you created your Project?
2019-09-18-09-03-45-New-Project-Options.png

If you forgot, you can still, import the module in your project: via eht menu "Project > Import Project Module"... then, chose a module file (from the "Modules" folder).
first of all thank you lots for reply dale! c: ( also glad to see another Twin Peaks fan here hehe! ) i did actually, i selected the simple platformer module when i created it ... the project even is there but as soon as i try to export it it shows me this error!

dale_coop

Staff member
Hey :) A lot of twin peaks (every where ;))

So... You could try, to reimport the module again: menu "Project" then "Import Project Module" then select the Basic_simplePlatformer.MOD file.

Then, if still errors, share a new screenshot (might not be the same error).

peteria

oh sure thing :) will do when i‘m home, am currently at work! thank you a lot for your help c: i really was desperate for a while since i put a lot of work and time into my project :( hope this works!

dale_coop

Staff member
Don't worry, you will make it work. This is a common error, easy to fix ;)
And I'll help you if it doesn't work.

You're at work? Where do you live? (I mean what country)

peteria

aaaand im finally home and got to try your solution! Now when i import the module it shows me a window of labels that will be imported, is there any way to just select certain labels so my pre-existing scripts and data wont be overwritten and just the needed data will be imported? :O thanks in advance :) https://imgur.com/a/fiwTBEf

peteria

i also noticed all my objects monsters and assets are gone ... i think i actually need to start all over again :(

peteria

ok so i'll just attempt to rebuild the game from now on ... still thank you so so much for your help :) you're awesome !!

Top Bottom