Can't import music

I get an error when trying to import music. I tried my best to make music that followed the rules of the sound engine, but I keep getting the error. Can someone help me?

What I did to follow the rules of the sound engine:
-I'm pretty sure that you have to have at least one instrument in every column in every frame, so in columns I wanted to be empty, I put a silent instrument.
-All my songs are under 10 frames.
-My instruments were taken from the tutorial music so I don't use any instruments that aren't supported by the sound engine.

Attachments

• Untitled.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 67

Raftronaut

BillNyeAutisticGuy said:
I get an error when trying to import music. I tried my best to make music that followed the rules of the sound engine, but I keep getting the error. Can someone help me?

-I'm pretty sure that you have to have at least one instrument in every column in every frame, so in columns I wanted to be empty, I put a silent instrument.
-My instruments were taken from the tutorial music so I don't use any instruments that aren't supported by the sound engine.

HI Bill, I can try and help, the attached zip file appears to be empty. If you want to pass me your Fami file I can take a look for errors and see if I can help explain what/why/where errors occur.

I've helped several nesmaker members get their sound working

Raftronaut said:
BillNyeAutisticGuy said:

HI Bill, I can try and help, the attached zip file appears to be empty. If you want to pass me your Fami file I can take a look for errors and see if I can help explain what/why/where errors occur.

I cant post the music. Its too long.

Raftronaut said:
BillNyeAutisticGuy said:

Here's my music as requested. Tell me what the issues with it are.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=83406996951011488772
Sorry that I had to link it on a file hoster. Its a big soundtrack so it couldn't put the whole thing in a post.

Raftronaut

BillNyeAutisticGuy said:
Raftronaut said:
BillNyeAutisticGuy said:

Here's my music as requested. Tell me what the issues with it are.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=83406996951011488772
Sorry that I had to link it on a file hoster. Its a big soundtrack so it couldn't put the whole thing in a post.

Hi BIll,

Looking at your fami text now. The first thing I noticed is that your blank "stahp" instrument had it's volume set to 12 rather than 0. So rather than being blank, it was quite loud. Next, I noticed that not all of your sound effects used this "stahp" instrument as the final note. I added those. Many of your effects were using the FX and volume column of famitracker rows which I don't think are supported with the GGsound engine. I removed those.

In your songs, whenever you have a blank frame you should insert the "stahp" instrument as the first note. I did that in all 6 of your songs here. Also, I edited your frames to be sequential from 00 to 01, You had the blank frames set as 10 and your music set to 00. This step may not matter, but I organized them for you anyway.

Also, since most of your melody happens on the 1st square channel, I moved all of your sound effects to channel 2 so that it would not cut out your music.

You can download the corrected famitracker file from this drop box:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/69sp7js0zdql03t/BILL%20BYE.ftm?dl=0

I would note the changes, then export text file and see if you can import into Nesmaker. If it still doesn't import, please take a screen shot of the error message and I will try to look into it. Though, I think the famitracker file should work just fine now. If you need any further explanations I can try my best.

Also, if i could recommend, since you have the empty second channel for most of your music, you should consider copy/pasting your melody to the next column but staggered by a single beat, them create a new instrument with a much much lower volume to create an ECHO effect. It could add a lot to the character of your sound design... Just a suggestion

let me know either way.. good luck!

Top Bottom