Many Things

The Spider

I'm still very new to NES Maker, even with tutorials.

Which module should I use if trying to make something in the spirit of Kid Icarus, Metroid or Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest?

What is the highest amount of HP an enemy can have, for when I decide to make that giant super boss that spent too much time at the gym?

How would a co-op Metroidvania work with the color limitations?

How do I set a color to be invisible, in my pallettes?

Using monsters like Ryukotsuki from the Famicom Getsu Fuuma Den or Mother Brain for example, how do you get more than three colors on a big character and how does one animate a giant's death, when you hit that weak spot enough times?

How many colors (I don't understand transparencies) can be on-screen, at once.

dale_coop

Staff member
I think all your answers are in the tutorial videos. Really, watch them all! Else you will have issue while making your first games.
For a good start (for your game), I'd suggest the scrolling platformer module. With that one you can make normal screens (not scrolling) but also scrolling ones. It's the most complete one.
Start with small scale projects... and add complexity then. You need to learn how it works, how to use... and the limitations. Not only the NES limitations but more important here, NESmaker limitations.

Top Bottom