Monster Won't Move (Getting Started 6)

Golde

I've just gotten NESMaker, so I'm going through the YouTube tutorials, which have all been really helpful so far, but I've run into an issue on the 6th episode. I set up the object details the same as in the video and I've placed the monster onto the overworld, but when I export to test in Mesen, it doesn't move. I've double checked to make sure the settings are the same, and tweaked some options to see if I could get it to work, and I found that all of the movement actions work except for the one used in the video: moving randomly in 4 directions. Is this something I've got wrong on my end or is the action bugged?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io2IEZNrLOM

61046ff5e67fbc0ae38708ef98d6671b.png

7e23f9bfe0d2f4b2436881742ac824a1.png

dddb2ba8ae9d241ce8503ec332646918.png

WillElm

Is the script assigned to the AI behavior? I have a different script there, but for you, RandomMovement4.asm (I think) should be there.

Capture.PNG

Code:
;;;; Choose out of 4 directions, UDLR.
    JSR GetRandomDirection
	AND #%00000110
    TAY
    LDA DirectionMovementTable,y
    STA temp
    TYA ;; the 0-7 value for direction
    ORA temp
    STA Object_movement,x

dale_coop

Staff member
Agreed. Make sure the AI Action 02 is assigned to the RandomMovement_4.asm script.
Also, you could try remove the monster from the screen (right click > reset all placements) and place it again (or at another place).

Golde

Thanks guys! I went to the Project Settings to check and it was set to this:

146da54cf53779e06fec0c9ecc1e48d9.png

Originally I had no idea how that happened, but I think I must have set it to that when I went to change the tile script for the instakill spikes lol. I was able to find the right script and put it in there, works perfect now.

Top Bottom