Adventure Game Water Pathway glitch

Anthrax101

Whenever I enter a screen with water pathways in my adventure game, the game freezes and I can't move. What am I doing wrong?

NeoBenj

Hello Anthrax101.

It can be many things. So, I will ask couple of questions to try to understand what might me the issue.

What module are you using?
Did you configurate the path? What collision type did you assign to it?
Did you select the pathgroup in the screen info of that screen?
Is it really freezing? or can you still change the direction of your character? Is any sprite still animated on screen?
Does the bug occurs when interacting/colliding with the path, or as soon as your enter the room?
Also you need to re-draw/overwrite the path on screen, everytime you change the collision type, or else the previous collision type is keeping in memory.
Does the same issue occurs with other path?

Anthrax101

1: The adventure game module
2: The water path is solid
3: Yes, I did
4: No, nothing is animated, and I cannot do anything
5: It occurs as soon as I enter the room
6: Whenever I check the collisions, It shows that the water is solid and that the grass is walkable
7: No, only the solid water pathways

NeoBenj

Ouch... exactly the answer I was not expecting. :D
Does it work if you create a new room from 0. Like a new screen, you put 1 water path tile and enter the room. (As I was saying sometimes buggy rooms are keeping the buggy part. :D)
is it the only solid tile of your screen or you have other Solid stuffs without any issue?
It's an odd issue really. Especially with other path working correctly.
If it's when entering the room... it can also be related to monster lock being triggered... but I dont see how it can be related to your path to be honest. :)

Anthrax101

UPDATE: I just removed all the water pathways and added one regular pathway. It froze again... What could be happening here?

dale_coop

Staff member
Have you made any modification in the solid tile collision script?
Check your Project Settings > Script Settings and make sure that the « Tile Collision 01 » element is assigned to the solidBehavior.asm script.
Also make sure you haven’t add custom code in that script.

Top Bottom