Max Monster size

nick_public

Hey all,
back from a bit of a break, hope you're all well. I'm in the early stages of making a game based on one of my favorite movies of all time; The Shining. I've mainly just been in design mode, but once I start getting into the mechanics (might end up being similar to how "Home Alone" played) I'm sure I'll need some help from you all.

Today however, I'd just like to know what the max Monster/NPC size is? I've got a design of Jack Torrance that I'm fairly happy with (width: 3, height: 8), placed right outside Room 237, but when I export and test, his sprite shoots down from the top of the screen to the bottom in light-speed on an endless loop, obviously causing everything else to slow down too. I've never run into the issue before... I created a test "Topiary animal" monster for the snow level the other day and didn't have any problems.

I uploaded a screenshot for laughs, like I said it's still early days. Thanks in advance for any help.

-Nick

Attachments

• room237.png
    room237.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 2,123

dale_coop

Staff member
The max is 7 (for height or width)... if you set to 8, it glitches.
(also with big monster object, dont make long animations... if too many frames per animation... it could glitch too)

nick_public

dale_coop said:
(also with big monster object, dont make long animations... if too many frames per animation... it could glitch too)

I only had to lose 3 pixels to make the correct change and it actually improved the overall design. Thanks again.

nick_public

FormulaFanboy said:
I'm pretty sure NESMaker is supposed to be used with original IPs only, you might wanna make a copyright-friendly version.

I'll just have to change it to "The Shining" then ;)

Simpsons anyone?

nick_public

dale_coop said:

Hey Dale, definitely an improvement but now when my player enters the screen, the monster falls beneath the floor, then drops from the sky and lands where it should have been all along.

nick_public

dale_coop said:

ah nevermind, I found one of your older posts on the subject and it worked like a charm!

Top Bottom