Scrolling issue

nick_public

Hey everyone, hope you're all well and maintaining your sanity right now. Kind of fitting that i'm currently working on a game based on The Shining, ha.

Anyways I'm having a slight issue with scrolling, but only on one particular floor/level...

For the first handful of levels, scrolling works both ways no problem. I can warp from level to level and walk left or right freely. However, once I get to my level 4, scrolling only seems to want to work going right, and moving left activates single screen...

It's gotta be an easy fix, but I'm stuck. I've checked the screen info for each screen on this particular level, multiple times. I only have three boxes checked (Use gravity/Scroll R/Scroll L). I even changed every screen to single screen then back to scrolling to see if that made a difference, but it did not... I'm all ears if anyone has maybe experienced this issue before and has some ideas.

Thx in advance.

-Nick

Dirk

I think scrolling doesn't work right if you select "Scroll Left" and "Scroll Right" on your screens. It will hopefully be fixed in the next version (but still might not work for the platformer module, because it won't be able to handle fast scrolling all to well according to Joe).

nick_public

Hey Dirk, thx for the reply man. That was a good idea which I actually hadn't tried yet for this project, but it didn't work unfortunately. I may have to wait for the next update to tackle this particular issue.

The odd thing to me is that L/R scrolling works like a charm everywhere else, and the one level it's decided to not work is literally a copy of an earlier level but just with a different palette.

Dirk

Interesting, as L/R scrolling quickly glitches out for me with either invisible blocks or ghost blocks without collision.

Top Bottom