Export and Test

Now I know I just posted on here but I have a new problem when I go to Export and test it says MainASM.asm(2): Can't open file. Demo.txt written.

mynameisjawsh

Hm, sounds like there's either a missing script or an incompatible script. Can you post a screenshot of the error? What module(s) are you using?

mynameisjawsh said:
Hm, sounds like there's either a missing script or an incompatible script. Can you post a screenshot of the error? What module(s) are you using?

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    391.2 KB · Views: 750

dale_coop

Staff member
You need to EXTRACT the NESmaker.RAR (or ZIP) file
Right click > Extract here... to have a folder on your Desktop (or another place).
Then you can run NESmaker from the folder...

dale_coop said:
You need to EXTRACT the NESmaker.RAR (or ZIP) file
Right click > Extract here... to have a folder on your Desktop (or another place).
Then you can run NESmaker from the folder...

It was already extracted into a folder and I got this message

dale_coop

Staff member
When I see the error message, it looks like it's not from an extracted folder... but the "temp" (so, I am pretty sure you started it from thesis file itself)
You should try again from the beginning, unzip it on your desktop or Documents folder and start newsmaker.exe from there.

dale_coop said:
When I see the error message, it looks like it's not from an extracted folder... but the "temp" (so, I am pretty sure you started it from thesis file itself)
You should try again from the beginning, unzip it on your desktop or Documents folder and start newsmaker.exe from there.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    313.6 KB · Views: 694

dale_coop

Staff member
Have you followed the tutorial videos?
Hmmm... Seems like you haven't chosen any module when creating your project.

dale_coop

Staff member
You can still import a module to your project, via the menu "Project > Import Project Module"... then goes to the Modules folder and chose the module you want to use for your project (adventure, platform, maze, shooter,...).

dale_coop said:
You can still import a module to your project, via the menu "Project > Import Project Module"... then goes to the Modules folder and chose the module you want to use for your project (adventure, platform, maze, shooter,...).

Thank you that seemed to work

dale_coop

Staff member
If something doesn't work like in the tutorial videos, don't hesitate to watch again. And the previous ones too.

Top Bottom