Death Spikes

retrothunder

Hello everyone I wanna make this animation as a monster object to kill the player but how do I accomplish this task please help a novice, thank you so much for your time

Attachments

• NesMaker.gif
    NesMaker.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 704

Dirk

Have you watched the tutorial videos?
Also Dale Coop wrote a great beginners guide in French, that I translated. You can read it here: dale_coop's quick start tutorial
It wasn't written for the 4.1.5. version, but most of it should still apply to the current version.

retrothunder

Okay I'll take a look and see what I could get out of it because when I place the spikes they fall down out of the screen when I did place it in a screen

Dirk

How does the bounding box look like?
In my experience you have to make it a bit smaller so that there is a 1 pixel wide gap at the lower bound. Otherwise the collision detection will "suck" your monster into the tile beneath and it will fall through.
I have made a beeaaautiful picture to make it clearer.

NESMaker bb 1 pixel.PNG

Also, I think you could check the "ignore gravity" flag for your monster, since it is stationary.

dale_coop

Staff member
Like Dirk said, don't hesitate to watch (again) the tutorial videos ;)
Those are very very important and useful! Almost all the answers are in those videos (my Bible!).

retrothunder

It's working now I'm just getting a super slow animation it's goes down slow and up slow I put the max speed and acceleration to the max and on action I have it on default, null, loop, loop and ignore gravity

Dirk

What's your setting here? Note that you have to move the bar to the left to speed your animation up, a bit counter-intuitive IMO.

NESMaker Animation Speed.PNG

Dirk

Okay, I think you have to set Animation Speed to something other than 0. If you try 1 it should be very fast.

Top Bottom