can't test game plz help

soniclinx

https://imgur.com/a/MLyhOGl

this is a problem i am always having
if anyone could help me fix it that would be nice
thanks

Jonny

Have you ever had test working? It looks to be something to do with wrong scripts loaded or a missing script, something like that.

If you start a brand new project from a fresh install of NesMaker on your desktop, you can export most of your assets from your broken project. Better than that, if you can undo the changes you made before it happened, do that. A dumb mistake I made was double clicking a script and assigning it incorrectly. Could be somthing as simple as that.

It was also recommended to run NesMaker from your desktop. Running it from cloud storage might cause issues also.

Logana

Somethings wrong on line 28, 36 of handle player hurt.asm and sumthings wring with the vary image script or you messed something up,and line 7 and 13 of the handle object.asm

Seriously what did you do, did you try going into the code with out getting copy’s down of the code, my best suggestions are to replace all the code with the same files from the archive and look up the tutorial for hud, if that doesn’t work I think the only way out would be to get another copy of the program and start over

dale_coop

Staff member
Hummm a lot of incorrect things here.
I think you renamed an important element (used one) in your HUD variables ("Hud & Boxes > User Variables")... Maybe "myHealth"?
You need it, so I'd suggest to rename it back to "myHealth":
2020-05-20-09-05-41-NES-MAKER-4-1-5-Version-0x159-Unsaved-Project.png

Also, looks like you set one one of the element "4:var Image" type. The image type doesn't work in NESmaker, it's not yet correctly implemented. Don't use it... instead, use "0:var tiles" or "1:Hud asset".
Or if it was a mistake, and you don't need that element on our HUD, set its type to "none".

Top Bottom