Enemies fall through ladders when pressing down

omniretro

Hello, everybody! I'm currently working on my first NESmaker project and I've run into a weird glitch. In both the Simple Platformer module and Dale Coop's 2-Player Platformer module, if you press down on controller 1 when an enemy is walking over the top of a ladder, that enemy falls through the ladder. Interestingly, in the 2-player module, this doesn't happen when player 2 presses down, just player 1.

I've not customized my ladder scripts at all (with the exception of uncommenting the snap-to stuff in Physics_4_1_0_DC.asm--though this was happening before I did that and happens with the standard Physics_4_1_0.asm). Any ideas how I could fix this? I've looked around the ladder stuff in the physics engine but I'm not proficient enough at all in ASM to know where to begin. Any help is appreciated!

dale_coop

Staff member
Hey omniretro...
Yeah, sorry for that it's a bug... I have a fix somewhere for that... let me search on my pc and share it.

dale_coop

Staff member
Here's a ZipScript patch that should fix that monster falling on ladders issue...
Download the file (keep it zipped) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZiK-gCSnOyuC_02x28Eo5c0PHb_XwGnI/view?usp=sharing

Then, in your NESmaker project, click on the "Project" menu then "Run Project Script"... and select the "ZipScript_monstersFallingFromLadder_FixPatch.zip" file.
Validate ALL the replacement confirmation messages.

Now, it should work correctly (I hope).

Top Bottom