[4.5] Importing 4.1.5 modules?

sanicstudios

Would it theoretically work if you were to import the modules and asm files from 4.1.5's modules (e.g the platformer code) into the new update? There's all these new features and improvements that I can't use with the game I'm working on because I don't have the right scripts.

dale_coop

Staff member
You can't get the new "features" with the old modules (a bunch of scripts). Because the software just exports data ... those data are used by the scripts (the game engine) to make the game. It the data doesn't correspond to what the scripts needs to work, it just causes an error.

You will have to wait that the new modules are port to the 4.5 version (officially or unofficially) :)

Jonny

dale_coop said:
You will have to wait that the new modules are port to the 4.5 version (officially or unofficially) :)

I was wondering why there were no modules with 4.5 yet. I guess thats coming later.

dale_coop

Staff member
Joe released THAT particular version for a learning process... his "NESmaker Summer Camp".
The module that comes with it is very simple... and following the videos, Joe will explains how to improve that module.
If he has time, maybe we will learn how to make the simple platform module... all together.
By the end of the Camp, we will have some of the missing modules, or he will release them officially for the Byte Off Competition (that comes just after the camp).

Top Bottom