Lost of my 4.5 tutorial file

WhoKnowsTV

I was 2 hours in the tutorial for 4.5 and i saved twice. Didnt realize i had to "save As" and i lost everything i did. Is there any way someone could send me the file from their tutorial build so that i could at least continue following along.

mouse spirit

You may have to chalk it up as a lesson learned. Its good to rewatch those vids anyway and maybe even do it better this time!

WhoKnowsTV

mouse spirit said:
You may have to chalk it up as a lesson learned. Its good to rewatch those vids anyway and maybe even do it better this time!
Thank you. I did rewatch the video and i saved my project every 10 minutes and i closed it again and reopened and it was gone. so this is bs and this time it wasnt my fault because i saw the saved project was saved at "5:00P.M." and when i reopened it. the last save was at 2:43. so idek if i wanna continue because i've wasted 8 hours now and have no saved project.

mouse spirit

Oh no. Ok lets try to figure it out. Did you set up all of your folders including the game.nes file location?

mouse spirit

Ok so, for working folder, do like i did and locate game.nes in your game engine data folder in your NESmaker folder and make it go there in the middle section. Thats important.

WhoKnowsTV

mouse spirit said:
Ok so, for working folder, do like i did and locate game.nes in your game engine data folder in your NESmaker folder and make it go there in the middle section. That important.

ok i found the game.nes

dale_coop

Staff member
Also, there is an auto save system...
Your project file is saved as.MST and older version as .MST.1 and even older as .MST.2 ...etc until MST.5 project file.
You can reopen one of those older versions saved, and clic on the "Save as..." menu to save it as a different project name.

NeoBenj

Might also be your antivirus. It happened to me with 4.5.
Even is I authorized the .exe to run, as soon as I was saving a file in the folder, the antivirus was erasing it.
I lost hours of training because of that.
Make sure the antivirus make your whole Nesmaker folder an exception for scanning and quarantine.

Top Bottom