My HELP during the BYTE OFF Competition

dale_coop

Staff member
Everyone, the Byte Off Competition has begun!
And as you might know, I will not be able to help anyone from the community during that period, I will be watching you all and juge you for the New 8bit Hero, the person that will be the most helpful for this community.

I really hope to see everyone working together, helping each others, sharing some scripts of tips... but without scarifying your own projects.
I am really sorry to not being able to reply to some of the questions I see and I will see everyday.

If you have an issue, try the Discord, try the forum, try the FB group... and check the tutorial videos. I am pretty sure you will find a way to fix it or deal with it.

See you in one month.

mouse spirit

Well....gotta cut the cord sometime. Au revoir! Jusqu'à ce que nous nous revoyions!
I am not in the competition so if anyone needs some vague help even though i am not 4.5 savvy,
i dont mind helping with ideas or graphics or music or workarounds if i am allowed.If not then..... game on!

TurtleRescueNES

Dale's the man! We'll all try to do our best to help where we can.

4.5.6 is new to all of us, and we'll make the best of it. :)

Logana

I’ve already done some tinkering and found a good way to make a
Good platform Ish game without being to savy in 4.5 but I don’t know enough about nesmaker to help most the issues I see but if I know a solution I will share it

PasseGaming

That's a bummer, hopefully the community lends a hand for those who need a additional hand with the learning curve of the tool (like yours truely).

PasseGaming

So you're free now right? Mind helping me figure out how to pause a scrolling shooter? Some weird stuff happens when I put the code in but it does sort of work. Except when you un-pause the player object vanishes.

dale_coop

Staff member
I'd suggest to write a topic, precise, about your issue...
Maybe someone already had that one (pause and scrolling) and know the answer.

To be honest, even if the byte off is finished, I still have a LOT of work to do (work, family, events, projects I am involved,...). If I can find the time to check your issue, I will <3 But maybe someone can beat me on that one ;) Because I am no more the only 8bit Hero here, I noticed some great coders here.

PasseGaming

Okay, maybe I can find the original post I made and move it up to the two. I believe there are two floating around.

Top Bottom