A help how to create a floor at 45º inclined as in figure 2 for platform game
I would appreciate your opinions thank you

Attachments

• NIVEL.png
    NIVEL.png
    11 KB · Views: 163

Jonny

Hey Tenheck,

I've been thinking about this recently myself.

There's a topic here http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?t=4866 about castlevania stairs. It's a very similar concept and maybe theres some ideas in there about doing slopes. It's not something I've looked that deeply into yet.

Also, I've not seen it in a NesMaker game yet.

dale_coop

Staff member
I remember having spent time into that with newsmaker 4.1.5 and had only not satisfying results (because of the way the engine "eject up/down" the player from any solid tiles... in the collision engine)
I haven't checked with NM 4.5 yet. Maybe doable now?

Pauldalyjr

I was looking into this the other day. In the collision checks the system checks at the sides of each 16X16 tile, each tile has 4 points, one on each corner, and it looks like it checks if you cross the plane of a side of the box (if that makes sense). I don't know if this would work but you may be able to remove two of those check and replace them with a single check of the points on opposite corners of the box. I haven't had time to try this yet, just a theory.

Jonny

Sounds like a good start. Also, I was doing some 'research' playing Mario 3 and noticed the speed when going up an incline is reduced and increased going down the slope.

Pauldalyjr

I'm sure once you figured out the collision, you could make a tile and place it on the slopes. TolerantX just put out a tutorial about making a slow down tile.

Top Bottom