[4.5.2] Backport MetroidVania?

gothichakubi

Hey, so I am in the middle of a larger project so paranoid up upgrading my version [have upgraded things like Visual Studio mid project before, big mistake] but I wanted to take a break and try out the MetroidVania pack.

For some reason it won't import the module claiming it is corrupted so with the module is labelled "MetroVania_BASE_456" could that be the reason? if so anyone know a way around this?

Jonny

Are you trying to import the module into an older version of NesMaker? If so, that wont work.
However, you can export most things like your screens and your monsters etc into the latest version.

gothichakubi

Jonny said:
Are you trying to import the module into an older version of NesMaker? If so, that wont work.
However, you can export most things like your screens and your monsters etc into the latest version.

Crap, wanted to hold off moving to a newer version until after I finished my current major project since last thing I wanted was to break everything.

guess I'll leave that on the back burner I guess

Jonny

I was in the same position when 4.5 released. I wasn't sure what to do, so I started building the game again in the newest version as a seperate install and kept all my old stuff intact without breaking anything. It didn't take that long to get back to where I was and the features on 4.5 was worth it (for my project anyway).
Depends how many changes you've made / complicated mechanics and such.

Are there a lot of complex script changes in your project at the moment?

gothichakubi

Jonny said:
I was in the same position when 4.5 released. I wasn't sure what to do, so I started building the game again in the newest version as a seperate install and kept all my old stuff intact without breaking anything. It didn't take that long to get back to where I was and the features on 4.5 was worth it (for my project anyway).
Depends how many changes you've made / complicated mechanics and such.

Are there a lot of complex script changes in your project at the moment?

There are a fair amount, Was making a Side Scrolling RPG so worried I break something.

Top Bottom