ERROR: "NESMaker can not find the game.nes file."

torseelos

Hello everybody,

I just installed the NESMaker and am not a programmer at all!
So therefor I tried to follow the "Platform game" tutorial on Youtube, also set the emulator to Mesen and directed the folder to GameEngineData.
The problem is that if I try to export and test from NESMaker, I get the error "NESMaker can not find the game.nes file."
And looking at the folder GameEngineData, I can see that it before trying to export and test, there is a game.nes file, but after there isn't.

Grateful for any help!
Greetings
torseelos

torseelos

The version I have was about 3 h old when I posted. Also it plays other Tests without error..

When I try to export and test, the cmd.exe tells me "Routines\Basic\ModuleScripts\Physics_4_1_0.asm(84):HandleGravity(18): Unknown lable.
In this file line 83 (for me) says
"HandleGravity
donePhysicsUpdate:
RTS"

cargo

spam bots yandex
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Can you post a photo of your computer screen showing that error?
It would really help if you could.

dale_coop

Staff member
I think your NESMaker folder is quite broken...
Where did you unzip your NESMaker zip file?
Don’t put it on C:\ nor Programmes Files or ...
I suggest you to unzip it in your « Documents » folder or « Downloads » or « Desktop »... (a user folder).
AND maybe deactivate your antivirus (or add NESMaker folder in its exceptions)

dale_coop

Staff member
You’re using the scrolling platformer module ?
Have you made any modification in scripts?

Papillon90

I am having trouble setting emulator to Mesen and directing the folder to game engine data. Also on the first tutorial, the instructions were conffusing to me in that regard. I followed along until towards the end when describing how to merge Mesen with Nes maker I got conffused. Any help please

Danny1410

Hey! Same here. :/ The game.nes file was supposed to be at GameEngineData but it keeps disappearing and going to Emulators. I don't know what to do.

dale_coop

Staff member
The game.nes is generated by the compilation when you click on "Export & Test". If you have any errors in your project (code or settings), the game.nes file will not be generated and the emulator will not be able to load it.
Check on the command line window (the black window that displays when you click on "export & test"), the errors should be listed there.

Top Bottom