Hi Nesmaker community from Quebec Canada

Subotai

Hi everybody,

first of all, sorry for my bad english, I'll try my best.
2 weeks ago, I've discovered one of my best old nes game remake => Faxanadu Remastered by Retrogamer3
By seeing his passion to do such a great game like this, I've tryied to search for some software that I'll be able to create NES game.
That's why, randomly I discovered NesMaker.
Congratulation to Joe Granato, you made a fantastic job.
I'm currently on learning the base on NesMaker with the tutorials.

i'm very nostalgic so, I would like to create a NesMaker game that will make old NES gamer like me feels the same way.
I want to mix a lot of stuff that currently exist in some NES game that I'll incorporate into mine.
For example, the Hero will be the character in Faxanadu, monster maybe in Castlevania or other. Items in Willow, Legacy of the Wizard, background in somes other games, etc.

This is only supposition, not sure that I'll be able to make something as huge that I'm thinking, but I would be able to enjoy it anyway at the end. :D

Subotai

Welcome to the community!
Make sure you watch the tutorial videos, and make the practice projects before you do anything too crazy. :lol:
And if you have any questions, you can ask here on the forum, on the FaceBook group, or over at the Community Discord.

GoodLuck, and happy NESmaking! :)

dale_coop

Staff member
Bienvenue Subotai
Glad you joined us here... NESMaker is an awesome tool to create your NES game. But not easy to handle... if you don't follow all the tutorial, and don't make yourself this simple games from the tutorial, you might have some difficulties when trying to work on your own game.

Anyway... yes you can make your NES game.
I also suggest you to take a look at all the games/demos already made (or WIP), in the "Finished games" and "WIP" sections of the forum...
and try some ;)

Top Bottom