Dimension Drive (working title)

Mugi

CutterCross said:
...Did I mention this is the best thing I've ever seen come out of NESmaker?

coming from mr. IMADECUTSCENES that means more than you'd think :p

it's slightly more complicated than your workaround but totally doable within sane limits of "not touching the assembly"
i wrote more asm for this than i needed to, simply to preserve objects/states of objects/ai scripts. but at the end of the day, your cutscene idea could be (although overlycomplicatedly) applied to this just fine.

Mugi

im trying my best here :p

here's a slime that walks on the ceiling! (he will drop slime drops every now and then once i get to draw the "projectile" and attack frames)

game_035.png

Mugi

not yet, i think it will have issues going vertically. but i have to admit that i didnt try yet. (i only wanted ceiling walking when i made this.)

Mugi

okay here we go,
stage selection screen with cursor control and unlimited multi-warp, fully working :)
(i totally have to fix the sprite parenting on the character sprite's hair lol.)

https://youtu.be/azvmZg7-eIA

Mugi

I think this will be pretty much it. Just have to draw the stand for the character sprite to stand on and im good.

https://youtu.be/VUnIKTP9nqA

dale_coop

Staff member
I would be curious how you set your warpOut screen number? You 're using using 5 different variables / constants and a custom warp script?

Mugi

I store it in a variable and call it out with GoToScreen.
it only has one variable which is being set by other factors.

I will do a write up and attempt to explain how this was made on a later date, though i propably wont post much code, as it's pretty specifically tailored to this game, this screen, and these graphics, so it will have to be rewritten in most parts
to function in other games anyway.

dale_coop

Staff member
Ok, great work. Yep, no need to post all your code, just the technic you used/choose to achieve that result was interesting to know :)

Mugi

dale_coop said:
Ok, great work. Yep, no need to post all your code, just the technic you used/choose to achieve that result was interesting to know :)

here you go;

http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=11101

Mugi

nevermind me, just summarizing for myself a little here.

Engine:
- powerups - not happening
- companion (possibly permanent) - not started
- scrolling stages - well.... sort of (bi-directional scrolling in progress)
- animated background tiles - working (cpu hog)
- stage selection, with possibility to revisit stages - complete

- health platforms - working (buggy tile animation, keeps resetting on room re-entry)
- wall-grab tile - not started

graphics:

player - complete
enemy graphics - 1/??? done (lol)

intro stage - not started
cavern stage - not started
temple stage - complete
??? stage - not started
??? stage - not started
??? stage - not started

final stage - not started

yeah.... still a lot to do. :p
just finished redoing the player sprite, much cleaner now, much better idle sprite

Top Bottom