Saving Player Facing Direction for Up/Down Walking (Adventure Module)

I'm trying to get my character to save the direction he was facing if you press up or down. I have successfully been able to bypass up animation being set to the left walking animation, and make it display the right walking animation, but I cannot get it to display the animation based on the players current facing direction. Any suggestions on what to add to the StartMovingPlayerUp script to save players current facing direction? Thanks.

dale_coop

Staff member
You mean your player walk to the left... then you press UP, and you want he goes down but still facing left?
I would say try just commenting out the "FaceDirection player1_object, FACE_UP" ?

Or am I misunderstanding the question?

dale_coop said:
You mean your player walk to the left... then you press UP, and you want he goes down but still facing left?
I would say try just commenting out the "FaceDirection player1_object, FACE_UP" ?

Or am I misunderstanding the question?

I'm trying to get my character to use left/right walking animations when you press up and down based on the last direction he is facing. Like in a beat 'em up. So if I'm walking left then i press up to go up, i still want him to do left walking animation. If I'm walking right then press up to walk up, I still want him facing right. Same for down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dOf-mCb_5U

dale_coop

Staff member
Ok perfect... ;)
So yep, I think "just" commenting out the "FaceDirection player1_object, FACE_UP" should do the trick.

dale_coop

Staff member
You mean paste in a forum post? You could use
[ c o d e ] paste you code between these two tags [ / c o d e ].

(or go in the "Full Editor & Preview" mode and use the insert code button < / > )

Top Bottom