The Tower of Turmoil

jsherman

Re: The Tower of Turmoil

Post by jsherman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:32 am

You've hit the big time! Congrats!
"Turtle Rescue" updates can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=112
For more in-depth updates, please follow GossipTurtle on Twitter! https://twitter.com/TurtleRescueNES
CutterCross

Post by CutterCross » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:36 am

jsherman wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:32 am
You've hit the big time! Congrats!
Well, thanks! I never expected this to happen!

I swear if this somehow makes it into AGDQ some day... (which I doubt it ever will to be honest xD)
Music Man:
The Tower of Turmoil: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1348
When the Clock Hands Stall: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=2132
CutterCross

Post by CutterCross » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:41 am

Also, if anyone wants an easy world record, now's your chance! xD
Music Man:
SerafukuSoftware

Post by SerafukuSoftware » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 am

Tower of Turmoil is a huge inspiration for me, man. Your game is what gave me a push into giving NESMaker a go.
I love the Ninja Gaiden-style cutscenes. The Music is really catchy, art-style is really cool and the gameplay is simplistic and fun.
Would love to own a cartridge if you plan on making any in the near future, hell I wouldn't mind making my own custom cart for the famicom xD

Thanks heaps, and keep up the amazing work! :D
Development System: Nintendo Famicom HVC-001 + A/V Mod w/ NES>FC Cart Adapter.
Game currently in Development: "Spacepunk'd" Demo
CutterCross

Post by CutterCross » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:04 am

SerafukuSoftware wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 am
Tower of Turmoil is a huge inspiration for me, man. Your game is what gave me a push into giving NESMaker a go.
I love the Ninja Gaiden-style cutscenes. The Music is really catchy, art-style is really cool and the gameplay is simplistic and fun.
Would love to own a cartridge if you plan on making any in the near future, hell I wouldn't mind making my own custom cart for the famicom xD

Thanks heaps, and keep up the amazing work! :D
That's really validating to hear that my game of all games inspired you to get into NESmaker!
Music Man:
SerafukuSoftware

Post by SerafukuSoftware » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:53 am

CutterCross wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:04 am
That's really validating to hear that my game of all games inspired you to get into NESmaker!
I saw potential in what you created and I thought 'This game is awesome, I want to create something like this'
Tower of Turmoil being on display during the NESMaker event at PAX may inspire many more future NESMakers to join in. :)
Development System: Nintendo Famicom HVC-001 + A/V Mod w/ NES>FC Cart Adapter.
Game currently in Development: "Spacepunk'd" Demo
Mihoshi20

Post by Mihoshi20 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:36 pm

The music really is top notch. Took a break from testing my own projects to play it for a bit and show it off to a friend. Games a bit short and it can get annoying to hear the first parts of the main level theme each time you die, but I see this game as not only a NESmaker showpiece but also as a proof of concept for a great games the likes of MegaMan, Castlevania, or Bionic Commando when fleshed out and polished up more. It really is that top notch of a concept and execution.
CutterCross

Post by CutterCross » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:05 am

Mihoshi20 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:36 pm
The music really is top notch. Took a break from testing my own projects to play it for a bit and show it off to a friend. Games a bit short and it can get annoying to hear the first parts of the main level theme each time you die, but I see this game as not only a NESmaker showpiece but also as a proof of concept for a great games the likes of MegaMan, Castlevania, or Bionic Commando when fleshed out and polished up more. It really is that top notch of a concept and execution.
I'm glad you decided to try it out! And I couldn't be happier that so many people here hold it in such high regards.

And this was just my first NESmaker game!
Music Man:
Mihoshi20

Post by Mihoshi20 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:16 am

CutterCross wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:05 am
Mihoshi20 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:36 pm
I'm glad you decided to try it out! And I couldn't be happier that so many people here hold it in such high regards.

And this was just my first NESmaker game!
Well, I'd played it a few times before when I finally had the time to sit down and do it, just never specifically commented on it. Though it was my second time playing it on actual hardware. The different room shades actually make for a nice way to adjust and dial in TV's.
Joe_Cracker

Post by Joe_Cracker » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:10 am

I was playing this on my NES tonight using my powerpak