The Tower of Turmoil

Just finished playing The Tower of Turmoil. This was an excellent game. Loved the graphics and gameplay. Awesome cutscenes and story. Great variety in level design. Boss fight had great variety. Loved it beginning to end. Keep up the great work.

CutterCross

dark_crow_66 said:
Just finished playing The Tower of Turmoil. This was an excellent game. Loved the graphics and gameplay. Awesome cutscenes and story. Great variety in level design. Boss fight had great variety. Loved it beginning to end. Keep up the great work.

Glad you enjoyed it!

chronosv2

Thanks for making this amazing game! Tested The Tower of Turmoil on a Retropie setup I was configuring for a friend to see if it had Mapper 30 support built in and it ran out of the box. He looked like he was having fun playing it -- I tried it a few weeks ago and got into Blackout mode before I decided to take a break -- your boss implementation was awesome! I'm very impressed!

Keep up the great work!

CutterCross

chronosv2 said:
Thanks for making this amazing game! Tested The Tower of Turmoil on a Retropie setup I was configuring for a friend to see if it had Mapper 30 support built in and it ran out of the box. He looked like he was having fun playing it -- I tried it a few weeks ago and got into Blackout mode before I decided to take a break -- your boss implementation was awesome! I'm very impressed!

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for trying it out! Yeah, I found that a lot of boss fights in other NESmaker games could be easily cheesed by stun-locking and resetting their attack patterns, and I did NOT want that happening for my boss fights. So I came up with a few workarounds and design tricks to make the boss fights an actual challenge!

jermz

I just checked this out and it looks really cool! I found what might be a glitch though. On the, I think, sixth screen, when you get to the top platform and jump to the left, it drops into a sound test screen where the character can run to another screen left or right and it tests a different tune/sound. I'm going to try to attach a screenshot. In the shot, just jump to the left (in Mesen at least) to see it happen.
0ySfYgZ

CutterCross

jermz said:
I just checked this out and it looks really cool! I found what might be a glitch though. On the, I think, sixth screen, when you get to the top platform and jump to the left, it drops into a sound test screen where the character can run to another screen left or right and it tests a different tune/sound. I'm going to try to attach a screenshot. In the shot, just jump to the left (in Mesen at least) to see it happen.
0ySfYgZ

That's not a glitch, that's completely intentional! It's supposed to be a secret Sound Test menu. Congratulations! Not many people found that!

CutterCross

jsherman said:
You've hit the big time! Congrats!

Well, thanks! I never expected this to happen!

I swear if this somehow makes it into AGDQ some day... (which I doubt it ever will to be honest xD)

SerafukuSoftware

Tower of Turmoil is a huge inspiration for me, man. Your game is what gave me a push into giving NESMaker a go.
I love the Ninja Gaiden-style cutscenes. The Music is really catchy, art-style is really cool and the gameplay is simplistic and fun.
Would love to own a cartridge if you plan on making any in the near future, hell I wouldn't mind making my own custom cart for the famicom xD

Thanks heaps, and keep up the amazing work! :D

CutterCross

SerafukuSoftware said:
Tower of Turmoil is a huge inspiration for me, man. Your game is what gave me a push into giving NESMaker a go.
I love the Ninja Gaiden-style cutscenes. The Music is really catchy, art-style is really cool and the gameplay is simplistic and fun.
Would love to own a cartridge if you plan on making any in the near future, hell I wouldn't mind making my own custom cart for the famicom xD

Thanks heaps, and keep up the amazing work! :D

That's really validating to hear that my game of all games inspired you to get into NESmaker!

SerafukuSoftware

CutterCross said:
That's really validating to hear that my game of all games inspired you to get into NESmaker!

I saw potential in what you created and I thought 'This game is awesome, I want to create something like this'
Tower of Turmoil being on display during the NESMaker event at PAX may inspire many more future NESMakers to join in. :)

Mihoshi20

The music really is top notch. Took a break from testing my own projects to play it for a bit and show it off to a friend. Games a bit short and it can get annoying to hear the first parts of the main level theme each time you die, but I see this game as not only a NESmaker showpiece but also as a proof of concept for a great games the likes of MegaMan, Castlevania, or Bionic Commando when fleshed out and polished up more. It really is that top notch of a concept and execution.

CutterCross

Mihoshi20 said:
The music really is top notch. Took a break from testing my own projects to play it for a bit and show it off to a friend. Games a bit short and it can get annoying to hear the first parts of the main level theme each time you die, but I see this game as not only a NESmaker showpiece but also as a proof of concept for a great games the likes of MegaMan, Castlevania, or Bionic Commando when fleshed out and polished up more. It really is that top notch of a concept and execution.

I'm glad you decided to try it out! And I couldn't be happier that so many people here hold it in such high regards.

And this was just my first NESmaker game!

Mihoshi20

CutterCross said:
Mihoshi20 said:

I'm glad you decided to try it out! And I couldn't be happier that so many people here hold it in such high regards.

And this was just my first NESmaker game!

Well, I'd played it a few times before when I finally had the time to sit down and do it, just never specifically commented on it. Though it was my second time playing it on actual hardware. The different room shades actually make for a nice way to adjust and dial in TV's.

Top Bottom