How to make my character have melee and projectile attack?

4Y@NLICH85

Right now am trying to make an adventure game using the 4.1.0 version of nesMaker and was wondering how I can give my character a melee attack and a projectile. I've got the animations so far. Does anyone know how to do this?

dale_coop

Staff member
4Y@NLICH85 In the 20 min adventure game tutorial, you learn how to do that. You haven't watched it?

4Y@NLICH85

Ok so far I got the animations set but when I added the movement scripts for melee and projectile it gave me an error. What should I do?
Thank you an advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    415.4 KB · Views: 1,630

dale_coop

Staff member
Are you using the Adventure module? could you share a screenshot of your "Project Settings > Script settings" (to see the scripts your project uses)?

dale_coop

Staff member
You are using the Adventure Module, so you should use the input scripts that are located in the "Routines\Basic\ModuleScripts\InputScripts\Adventure\" folder. Currently you are not using the right ones.

Remove the one you are using currently (from the "Input Editor" and from the "Scripts > Input Scripts") and try again with the other ones...

4Y@NLICH85

Okay I got my character to walk and activate text boxes but when I add melee and projectile it gave me the error so which script for projectiles and melee should I use? Would it be in the same place were I got the text box script?

dale_coop

Staff member
If you use the Adventre module, the default scripts for melee and projectiles are in the inputs\Adventure sub folder.
Else you should follow the tutorial (and import the already set input links)?

Top Bottom