Scrolling problems and questions

drexegar

My HUD pallete is changing to another pallete while scrolling, both screens have the same pallete set and even if I add another screen to the right of it with the same pallete, it will swtich color with the 1st BG pallete

Is there a way to start the scrolling earlier more toward the middle of the screen? the default there isn't really enough room to react to anything coming at you or even see a gap.

TurtleRescueNES

Paint all of your screen tiles that are covered up by the hud with the hud palette. You can easily do this by holding the R key while you paint over those tiles. That should help the inconsistent coloring of your hud. Do this with any neighboring screens as well as the game usually pulls two screens into memory at once.

I don't have an answer to your second question.

drexegar

jsherman said:
Paint all of your screen tiles that are covered up by the hud with the hud palette. You can easily do this by holding the R key while you paint over those tiles. That should help the inconsistent coloring of your hud. Do this with any neighboring screens as well as the game usually pulls two screens into memory at once.

I don't have an answer to your second question.

Ahh ok Cool! I couldn't tell which pallet si one the screen because I forget they share the same background color that should solve the problem!

For the second question hopefully there is just a vaule to change, ill worry about it later,

Thanks for your help!

dale_coop

Staff member
For your second question, in the “Project settings > User constants” there is a scroll offset value you can change for that.
(I don’t remember the exact name of the constant, sorry, i am on my phone right now... but I could check tonight and tell you if you don’t find it).

Edit: Try changing the SCROLL_RIGHT_PAD (and/or SCROLL_LEFT_PAD) for your use.

drexegar

dale_coop said:
Edit: Try changing the SCROLL_RIGHT_PAD (and/or SCROLL_LEFT_PAD) for your use.

Yeah thank you so much it worked! Didn't see that, I should study all the user constants.

Top Bottom