Can't export and test game

FroginatorArt

Hello!
I have just started making my game in the engine after I bought it and was following the instructions in this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5fmJ-H6Sgg
However after making my first level layout and trying to export and test the game, the cmd gave me this text:

Code:
C:\Users\[ME]\Desktop\Programme\NESmaker_4_1_5\GameEngineData>asm6 MainASM.nes game.nes demo.txt
pass 1..
Routines\Basic\\System\AssignBanks.asm(90): Value out of range.
demo.txt written.

C:\Users\[ME]\Desktop\Programme\NESmaker_4_1_5\GameEngineData>pause
Press any key . . .

Afterwards I got a notification that said that "game.nes" was not found.
How do I fix this?

dale_coop

Staff member
It's an old tutorial video... (it might not work with the current version... some settings are missing or concepts that are different now)
You should start with the ones from www.thenew8bitheroes.com first. Then when you will know more how to use, how it works, and follow all those tutorials, you can try old ones if you want ;)

FroginatorArt

dale_coop said:
It's an old tutorial video... (it might not work with the current version... some settings are missing or concepts that are different now)
You should start with the ones from www.thenew8bitheroes.com first. Then when you will know more how to use, how it works, and follow all those tutorials, you can try old ones if you want ;)
Ok, trying those tutorials now.
How do I test this game now though?

dale_coop

Staff member
I think your error is the graphics you made are not correct (maybe not the correct dimensions for your background tilesets bmp?)...
So it doesn't compile... you can't run the game.

FroginatorArt

That might very well be the case, as I made them beforehand.
What dimensions are recommended and how do I match them up?

FroginatorArt

Okay, I used the templates that come with the program now and I can test the game in the Mesen Emulator as described in the video.
Now the screen goes grey when the game is loaded in the emulator. Will this be talked about in the tutorial? If so, my questions would be answered :]

dale_coop

Staff member
If grey... it could be:
- your project info (need to "skip the start screen" checked)
- your sprite0 that is not correctly set? (cf sprite zero tutorial video)

Top Bottom