No changes made when Export and Test asm

pit.baldriz

Hello!

I´m having a new problem. Now when I Export and Test asm no new changes are made on my game. Is like its always opening a fixed old version. Any ideas on why this could happen?

The last thing I did was creating a Start Screen (no problems there) and then applying the path fix for the scrolling game (http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2174&p=13127#p13127).

Thanks a lot!

What's telling you that the game isn't updating? The paths still broken? If you're just not seeing the start screen, maybe you forgot to turn it on in project info?

Otherwise maybe the .nes export path was changed in project settings? /guessing

pit.baldriz

Nope, the start screen works fine but the path still not working. The thing is that any change I made on the overworld (add tiles, etc) save on the project but not on the export one:

error_export.png

Didn´t change anything on the .nes export, but how can I verify it?

dale_coop

Staff member
Check your "Project Settings > Emulator" tab... mybe you forgot to change your paths ;) (pointing to an old/previous nesmaker folder?)

pit.baldriz

Yep, I tried to change all the Emulator tab settings from cero, but still the same problem.

When I export in the black window there´s an error message saying "Can´t open file":

Captura.png

The game opens OK but in an old version without the last changes I made.

F8Sean

I had a similar issue, and it cleared up after I exited completely, ran Export ASM, and then Export and Test ASM. Delete the game.nes if it might be locked or read-only and rebuild.

pit.baldriz

F8Sean said:
I had a similar issue, and it cleared up after I exited completely, ran Export ASM, and then Export and Test ASM. Delete the game.nes if it might be locked or read-only and rebuild.

Tried those steps, also deleting the game.nes file and using a new one, but the issue still persists :(

I really don´t know what happened, everything was working so good. I´m so sad all the effort I put on my game is lost...

pit.baldriz

I tried opening a different project and it worked ok. But when I open my game, the issue happens again. So is something particular with my game and is in the export step...

dale_coop

Staff member
It looks like you have an error when exporting... the compiler can't find your MainASM.asm script.
Which module are your using? Basic_Platformer?
Could you share a screenshot of your Project Settings > Script Settings?

pit.baldriz

dale_coop said:
It looks like you have an error when exporting... the compiler can't find your MainASM.asm script.
Which module are your using? Basic_Platformer?
Could you share a screenshot of your Project Settings > Script Settings?

Thanks, dale_coop! I was on vacation the past weeks, sorry for my delay replay.

Yes, I´m using the Basic_Platformer module. Here is a screenshot of the Project Setting:

ProjectSettings.png

I really hope you guys will help me. Thanks in advance!!

dale_coop

Staff member
pit.baldriz said:

Ok, I think I see the error... Your ROOT is not correct.
Select the "ROOT" element and click the "Change" button.
Change the path for "Routines\Basic\"
(not "Routines\Basic\System\HandleUpdateObject.asm").
Validate and try again.

pit.baldriz

dale_coop said:
pit.baldriz said:

Ok, I think I see the error... Your ROOT is not correct.
Select the "ROOT" element and click the "Change" button.
Change the path for "Routines\Basic\"
(not "Routines\Basic\System\HandleUpdateObject.asm").
Validate and try again.

It Worked perfectly! Thank you so much dale_coop! I´ve been blocked with this error for a while now. I´m so happy I can move forward with the project.

Top Bottom