Paths

Chasersgaming

How do i use the Path tiles in the room screen?

i have loaded in the tutorial templates, and saved, so they appear in my side bar but i cannot seem to 'Select' a path tile to use. Is it because i haven't given them a 'Walkable' or 'Solid' action (they are currently 'NULL'). I'm just testing the out. The tutorial i watched showed how they work, how to set up, but not how to use in a room. Also during my experimantation i seem to have created 6 paths in the side bar, how do i delete those? i dont need 6, just 1 will do. they wont go away. thanks in advance.:)

dale_coop

Staff member
To paint with Paths... on your screen, first make sure you have assigned the paths in your Screen Info (it's important, else it will not paint the right collisions data).
Then you can use "1", "2", "3" and "4" keys on your keyboard to paint with the path1, path2, path3 or path4.

Chasersgaming

"assigned paths in the screen info"
Gotcha, thanks for that!

"then use 1,2,3,4 keys"
Oh mate, seriously, why can't i use the mouse like everything else, it's ok using the keys, just wished id of known, i've sat here for ages trying to figure this out. I hope someone is going to write a 'help' documentation soon. it really does need it. NESmaker feels like someone has giving me a brand new car, but have not given me the keys!
thanks for your help matey, i will get my head around all this soon im sure. :)

Delete Path Tile?

dale_coop

Staff member
There a more keys to know:
Q, W, E, R that will paint/change the color palette under your mouse cursor.
5 will paint with the tile 0 (the first top-left tile of your tileset)... it's like erasing... under your mouse cursor.
The 7 will change the attributes the tiles under your mouse cursor.... with the ones of the current selected tile (very useful to change all your tiles into "solid" or anything).
etc

Top Bottom