Moving to a new screen.

RPlude

I found a few instances where I made levels by copy and pasting screens then went back and edited the tiles making them walkable. When i played the game the edge of the screen would stop me from entering the next room when I clearly have everything set correctly. I tried to reset the room to start from scratch and the overworld view turned black and would only let me select from the memory bank 3. This forced me to abandon those screen sections all together. I had to just move the path the player takes and use the surrounding screens but the black screen areas are useless.

rimoJO

i had the problem of not being able to move to new screens at one point. The solution for me was to make sure the player's hitbox (nesm "bounding box") was correct. If that doesn't work then idk

dale_coop

Staff member
If you are using the basic module you have to install the patch 4.1.1 (in fact, the 4.1.5 basic core doesn’t have the patched files from the 4.1.1)

The patch fixes that bug (issue when leaving’ screens)...

You can download the EnginePatch from Josh blog (just the patch not the complete nesmaker4.11: http://joshuafallon.com/nesmaker/?fbclid=IwAR1ZQaSV0CURv4vQv02i6BcKAM2u8zTpvwXfeye5uCeubdqc7lNThc2drnc
(Keep it zipped)
And install it via the menu Project > Run Project Script.

KamDraby

lun, on the old board i posted about not being able to continue from the black screen, after rhue kills lyrra my epi.5 just goes black and stays that way what can i do?

Top Bottom