Hailing Frequencies Open

Whale Cancer

Hello all,

I've been developing a game in GameMaker for a while that is in the style of a NES game. With NES Maker available, I thought I would see how much of what I've done could be implemented in a real cart. It seems that NES Maker is still in the process of being born, but it all looks quite promising. I'm planning to develop of version of said game in NES Maker alongside some test projects. The game I am working on is vert much in the "Adventure Module" style, so it seems I lucked out in that being the seeming priority for the devs (although my game is science fiction rather than the more typical fantasy).

U4ZRNwM.gif

I love the NES and I've dabbled in some ROM hacking, particularly SMB3, and in making some reproduction carts for fun.

Anywho, glad to be here!

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome Whale Cancer
Glad to have you here with us. NESmaker is young but already an incredible tool. A lot of fun demo games to prove it (the byte-off ones, for example).
When starting with NM, don't forget to watch (all) the tutorial videos, to learn how to use, how it works and how to make your first simple games.
Can't wait to see what you will create with NM.
Have fun!

Top Bottom