NPC shop!!

CGdfc

dale_coop said:
Oh sorry! I got it...
You are using the 4.1.5... but this module doesn't contain the 4.1.1 patch (why? Joe must have forgot to include the modified files in that version).
(This patch fix the SubtractValue macro that has a bug).

So you need to install the 4.1.1 engine patch :
Download the file: http://joshuafallon.com/wp-content/uploads/NESMaker4.1.1EnginePatch.zip (keep it zipped)
And to install it, in NESmaker, via the menu "Project > Run Project Script"... and select "NESMaker4.1.1EnginePatch.zip". Validate the messages.

ouch!
I'm going to make a copy of the nesmaker and I try.

dale_coop

Staff member
That patch modify 2 scripts (the SubtractValue macro and the CheckPlayerCameraPosition that had an issue with player and screen edges)

CGdfc

dale_coop said:
That patch modify 2 scripts (the SubtractValue macro and the CheckPlayerCameraPosition that had an issue with player and screen edges)

ok,now work with 4.1.1 patch!!
only noticed that the time system that I had now counts 5 in 5, I also believe that I will remove it in my game.

Could I change the money item so that I don't get 5 coins for each item? to change it to 1 or 2.
having the limit of 90 of the npc, it is better not to get the money so easy.

dale_coop

Staff member
If it's when you collect the coin pickup... modify the "PowerUp_IncreaseMoney.asm" script (the one assigned to the "Power Up 03" element in the "Project Settings > Script Settings").
And change the:
Code:
	AddValue #$03, myMoney, #$05, #$00
With:
Code:
	AddValue #$03, myMoney, #$01, #$00

TolerantX

Please help, I'm currently using this with 2 players platformer core/module. I keep getting branch out of reach error on Line 223. I am pretty sure I shouldn't apply the 4.1.1 patch. What should I do?

Top Bottom