Save games?

ChrisDVMan19

I know this is a little late to post this, but you should make it so developers can allow players to save their games.
Even if emulators allow save states now, save games would be a great alternative to keeping track of progress if playing on an actual NES (Like in Legend of Zelda).

Bucket Mouse

I've been assuming saved games are on the way. When 8Bit was explaining why they chose Mapper 30, "support for saves" was on their list of reasons.

Mihoshi20

The UNROM-512 spec which NESmaker is designed for does allow for saved games also animated tiles and the engine does seem to have reserved ram space and potentially a memory bank dedicated to save ram. The current engine however doesn't have either feature implemented. Reading through portions of the assembly code though certain comments in sections of the code indicate that they at least have it in mind or consideration for the near future.

I imagine for sure when the RPG module is finished it will have save ram operations as standard.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. Saved games are possible, and architecture is there for them, but we have no simple solution for the user pushing the values they wish to save as of yet. But yes, it's coming :)

But rather than make people wait for all of the advanced features, we want to get people playing with it as soon as possible!

ChrisDVMan19

TheNew8bitHeroes said:
Yes. Saved games are possible, and architecture is there for them, but we have no simple solution for the user pushing the values they wish to save as of yet. But yes, it's coming :)

But rather than make people wait for all of the advanced features, we want to get people playing with it as soon as possible!

Thank you very much for taking a look at my thread, even if you have considered doing something like this before. :D

If you are still here, I have another question:

Once you release it to the general public, will I still have to pay to get the software even if I missed the kick-starter or have not pre-ordered it before tomorrow?

Top Bottom