Impossible to launch Nesmaker

Kitsune

Hello everybody.

I have a simple problem with nesmaker : I can't launch it. I have the latest version (4.0) but when I double click on the exe, it does...nothing.
I can't open it or launch it in command line.

I am on windows 10.
On my laptop I can use nesmaker, it's strange as I am also on Windows 10 on this one.

Can you help please ?

Mihoshi20

There is a prerequisite you need to make sure you have installed which is the .net framework 4.5 I believe. can probably use newer like 4.7 or up as I have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 installed.

Kitsune

Thanks Mihoshi20, but I've checked and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 is installed on my PC.
In fact, when I try to launch Nesmaker, I can see the window of Nesmaker tries to open in windows taskbar, but it's empty and close after 3-5 seconds. I never have any window of Nesmaker on my screen.

Homer

I too have the same issue as Kitsune and also have the mentioned .NET framework. windows 10 32-bit. I didn't try it on another platform because I forget how may PC's I'm allowed to use my license on without issues so the Win 10 box is my main one I tried.

[EDIT - Adding Fault info]
Application: NESMaker_4_0_0.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.BadImageFormatException
at softworkz.DNA.DNA_SetCDMPathName(System.String)
at MysticSearchesTool.MysticSearchToolMainDialog.VerifyDNACert()
at MysticSearchesTool.MysticSearchToolMainDialog..ctor()
at MysticSearchesTool.Program.Main()

Kitsune

Nope, my laptop works with windows 10 32bits ;)

I precise I can launch nesmaker on this one but I don't activate it as I am not sure I will be able to use it on my desk PC after that. But anyway, the process I can see shows nesmaker launch correctly.

Mihoshi20

Hmm, I wonder if the software was tested against 32-bit systems. I didn't even know Windows 10 came in 32-bit. I wish I had the time to experiment with this now. Loading NESmaker in a 32-bit Win7 virtual machine and see what happens. I'll have to try it tonight and see what happens.

dale_coop

Staff member
Microsoft says it's either a problem with 32bit support of the DLL, or a wrong version of Framework .NET installed :
https://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/k7137bfe.aspx

So if you're sure it works on Windows 32-bit, try to update the framework .NET :
https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download/details.aspx?id=55167

PoseMotion

I never understood why anyone uses .Net framework. If you code in C, ASM, or even PureBasic. No runtimes are needed. I guess it's all in what you know. Just a side note. It doesn't run on Windows XP either. It's the platform I use to do all my programming (PureBasic), just so I know it will run on everyone's computer.

Kitsune

here are the news, perhaps it'll help to fix Nesmaker :

1* My pc works with windows 10 - 32 bits. Nesmaker doesn't launch on it.
2* I remove microsoft network on it and reinstall it. It's the 4.7 version.
3* Nesmaker doesn't launch.

4* My Laptop works with windows 10 -32 bits. Nesmaker launch on it. The microsoft network version is the 4.7.

dale_coop

Staff member
So... might not be Framework 4.7 the problem... nor 32bit.
Maybe it needed another version of Framework ... could you try with the framework 4.0 ?
https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download/details.aspx?id=17851

dale_coop

Staff member
Kitsune, on your Windows 10 32bit that currently can start NESMaker, can you share a screenshot of NESMaker, please?

Kitsune

As I said, I don't know if I'll register nesmaker on my laptop as i would prefer to use it on my PC. But I can take picture of the launching screen and activation screen to show it works.

dale_coop

Staff member
Yes, please share the screenshot (I want to check something on the NESMaker window)
And another question, what is exactly the version of your Windows, could you find the build version, please ?

Thanks

dale_coop

Staff member
Thank you, kitsune.
Strange it works on your 32bit Windows.... are you sure it’s a 32bit?
Can’t figure out why it is working for you. The dna.dll seems to be a x64bit one, strange it would work on your 32bt Windows.

I have no more idea.
Hope TheGeek would find a solution (with a 32bit compatible dna.dll maybe?)

warwalk99

Admins...any chance that you can either list the computer requirements (PC and Mac) here in the Forums or on the website where the application is downloaded from so new users can make sure that they have the proper components necessary to run NESMaker successfully?

Kitsune

haha, yeah, I am sur my laptop works with windows 32 bits, and it works with windows 10, build 1803 too ^^.

What I'll do is update my pc to a 64 bits version ;)

Top Bottom