Dimension Shift

Mugi

here we go with a new weapon and reloadable weapon graphics to get some of that detail in there.
this is made in a way that weapons are changed in the menu, and depending on the selected weapon, the last 2 rows of tiles reloads for the selected weapon, giving me 32 tiles per weapon to draw whatever i want.
currently done weapons are fist, sword, whip, and im working on the pistol (projetile) as we speak. After that there will be one more weapon to do.

https://youtu.be/Wa4jmM7uMjo

current issue with the whip is that the hitbox of the weapon is only at the tip of it when attacking tile based entities (stupid way to calculate tile offsets is to blame there.) i'll fix that later on :p

Mugi

you can see snippets of the code every now and then on some older videos. it's not really anything mindblowing per-se.
what you're seeing in this video is a portion of my weapondraw that does the actual sprite loads during attack.
Its a fair bit different than the vanilla sprite weapon draw present in nesmaker engine.

Mugi

It's been a while so lets post something for once heh....

here's a tileset test screen of "Stage 4." Mechanics etc are still wip and it's not implemented to the game so you'll see it in action sometime a bit later. This will be a 2-part stage and i'll come up with something neat to deal with on it.
so far I'm still working on background details and refining the tiles up.... and yes, it will parallax :p

stage4test1.png

Mugi

CutterCross said:
I think that's a given at this point, lol

Artwork never fails to impress!

hey, not everything is parallaxing in the game :p
i just like the effect so obviously it gets used whenever the opportunity arises. The mountains stage was quite an early idea actually, despite actually happening only this late in development, and what better place for a neat double parallax than a huge skydrop :p

NeoBenj

Great to see updates of the project. I was quite sure it was somehow cancelled. And... well no! it's back!
Look cool, beautiful and technically advanced.... as usual. :)

Mugi

We've just been dealing with other things so the development has slowed down for a while. It's still being worked on and progressing somewhat.
it's a hobby project afterall, so we work on it when we feel like working on it instead of bruterocing it to be done.

It's been a while so lets post something for once heh....

here's a tileset test screen of "Stage 4." Mechanics etc are still wip and it's not implemented to the game so you'll see it in action sometime a bit later. This will be a 2-part stage and i'll come up with something neat to deal with on it.
so far I'm still working on background details and refining the tiles up.... and yes, it will parallax :p

View attachment 3211
Fantastic

Top Bottom