Flea Game and some help needed (demo)

red moon

I love the idea of a statue and think it would depend on how you go about producing the piece. Big ones like we commonly see it big budget game releases would cost a great deal in mold making and material costs.

It you have a decent printer or have access to one (like a form 2) that would be perfect, but the statue would still be as large as the printing bay. With that said, I think having the jumping flea character (in action) over a section of landscape with little guys below that are scaled down to make him appear further away would look really dynamic. If you have any specific questions you can message me, Ive done a great deal of 3D printing over the years.

wallmasterr

Thanks @redmoon
Iv got a couple resin printers and was just gonna do a limited number, like 10 or something, the statue would not be too big, they are fleas after all.

red moon

Sure thing, that is excellent to hear. You sound ready to go then. One thing I have done in the past is to print a shapeways "master print" (choose smoothest fine detail) then do I simple silicon box mold that resin can be poured in. Then you will have a fast way to cast high resolution casts at lower cost and you have material options. You can tint to any color, add glow in the dark powders, metal powders, flexible agents so they wont break (good for shipping)...all kinds of options.

wallmasterr

fleaspecialedition.PNG

Had this other idea of a clear resin thing with flea figures inside it that occupies space where the polystyrene usually is.
Iv began to run out of space for chunkey special editions but thought this would be cool. What's everyone else think?

Dirk

Hmm, let me think about it. Well, you asked so I'll give you my honest opinion. I think it's [explicit]ing brilliant! I love it! What an incredibly great idea!

wallmasterr

Dirk said:
Hmm, let me think about it. Well, you asked so I'll give you my honest opinion. I think it's [explicit]ing brilliant! I love it! What an incredibly great idea!

Thanks you very much, glad u like it

Dirk

I really like it. To be honest I'm blown away by your idea. ~35 years of polystyrene inlays and nobody came up with this idea.
I love how this wasted space gets new value. When I saw it, it clicked in my brain, I could feel my neurons re-wiring and all my life up to this moment got reevaluated.
My second thought was "I have to steal this!" XD I won't though.

NeoBenj

Wow, so many projects to follow this month t! :D
Big big congratulations for taking the step to launch a kickstarter!
It requires.... a huge pair. :D

I wish you a successful campaign!

wallmasterr

Thanks guys. It's going well so far, 63% funded as of this message. Think i should make it to the goal. fingers crossed.

Top Bottom