2 way scrolling

Dirk

Hi,

I've seen it in a few NESMaker games already, but I couldn't find a tutorial how to get two way scrolling in NESMaker working without glitching when you backtrack.

Dirk

Thank you, but it seems that's not what I'm looking for. The paths seem to work, but the level data still glitches out. Some blocks go missing or blocks from different screens get copied over to other screens.

Dirk

Hi!

Has anybody tackled this problem yet? I guess not, because it looks rather difficult.
Do you guys simply ignore the glitches and use L/R scrolling or do you stick to one direction?

dale_coop

Staff member
Me, I usually do only Right scrolling.
When 2 ways scrolling, I try to avoid all the removal tiles (like breakable, prize, collectable tiles) and the path tiles... because all those are not very well supported in the 2 way scrolling sections.

Dirk

Yes, I guess that is the sensible thing to do.
Sometimes the glitches are funny. I start the game and do nothing, suddenly the blocks to my left keep disappearing. It's actually a nice effect, like the ground is collapsing (minus the animations of course).
The glitches gave me a appreciation for the single screen module though.
Creating the scrolling module is quite hard. I appreciate Joe's progress therefore. And I can hardly wait for the update, I'm so curious.

dale_coop

Staff member
Yeah, me too... just for testing.
Keep in mind that, like the current Left-Right scrolling, it may have issues :p

Top Bottom