FIXED Beta/Tutorial Asset Sounds!

TakuikaNinja

You're all probably very familiar with the beta/tutorial asset music & sound effects that come with NESmaker. They're extremely useful when developing demos.
A notable issue with them however, is the fact that the GGSound driver does NOT support the use of the volume/effect columns, which causes the sound effects to sound "off" once imported into NESmaker.

But fear not, for I have done the dirty work and fixed ALL 21 sound effects!
EDIT: I was notified that the name of the 1up SFX did not work well when importing into NESmaker. The FTM file has been updated. (1up -> oneup)
You can download the FTM module containing them here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WeXJfSB_TBbDOOPIIvDfuxZ2wexYf0rM
Now you can simply import them (make sure to include the instruments!) into your demo soundtrack without issue. I'm also planning on compiling all of the beta/tutorial music into a single module for further ease of use, but you'll have to wait a bit for that.

For now, keep up the NESmaking!

CutterCross

Nice job! Was always a bit annoyed that the default Beta/Tutorial asset SFX was never written correctly for GGsound.

Though I should mention this here for everyone else, just because Cxx is used to stop the SFX from playing back multiple times when viewed in FamiTracker, that does NOT mean GGsound supports Cxx. The effect gets ignored in the compiling process, like most other effects. I'm sure you're fully aware of this TakuikaNinja, but just putting out a disclaimer for everyone else.

Honestly I should probably put Cxx at the end of my SFX too just so I don't have to hear them loop multiple times, haha.

TakuikaNinja

CutterCross said:
Nice job! Was always a bit annoyed that the default Beta/Tutorial asset SFX was never written correctly for GGsound.

Though I should mention this here for everyone else, just because Cxx is used to stop the SFX from playing back multiple times when viewed in FamiTracker, that does NOT mean GGsound supports Cxx. The effect gets ignored in the compiling process, like most other effects. I'm sure you're fully aware of this TakuikaNinja, but just putting out a disclaimer for everyone else.

Honestly I should probably put Cxx at the end of my SFX too just so I don't have to hear them loop multiple times, haha.

Yeah, that's the exact reason I put Cxx there lol. But I've noticed that Cxx seems to work in GGSound when importing it via the standalone converter. For example, the level start jingle in Doodle World/Land is actually a regular song with Cxx at the end. I'll have to test it properly later to confirm this.

CutterCross

TakuikaNinja said:
Yeah, that's the exact reason I put Cxx there lol. But I've noticed that Cxx seems to work in GGSound when importing it via the standalone converter. For example, the level start jingle in Doodle World/Land is actually a regular song with Cxx at the end. I'll have to test it properly later to confirm this.

I just ran a quick test with Cxx using GGsound's ft_text_to_asm Python module (which is essentially what the standalone converter is, minus the fix for looping samples I added), and I can confirm that no, Cxx doesn't do anything in GGsound. Even if you use it in all 5 channels with unique patterns like Bxx, it won't do anything, even with the DMC enabled.

It would likely be in the official GGsound documentation if it really was supported.

TakuikaNinja

CutterCross said:
I just ran a quick test with Cxx using GGsound's ft_text_to_asm Python module (which is essentially what the standalone converter is, minus the fix for looping samples I added), and I can confirm that no, Cxx doesn't do anything in GGsound. Even if you use it in all 5 channels with unique patterns like Bxx, it won't do anything, even with the DMC enabled.

It would likely be in the official GGsound documentation if it really was supported.

I see. Must've been a misunderstanding on my end.

Top Bottom